Meaning of CUTTING in English
adj adapted to cut; as, a cutting tool.
2. cutting ·adj severe; sarcastic; biting; as, a cutting reply.
3. cutting ·adj chilling; penetrating; sharp; as, a cutting wind.
4. cutting ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of cut.
5. cutting ·noun the act or process of making an incision, or of severing, felling, shaping, ·etc.
6. cutting ·noun something cut, cut off, or cut out, as a twig or scion cut off from a stock for the purpose of grafting or of rooting as an independent plant; something cut out of a newspaper; an excavation cut through a hill or elsewhere to make a way for a railroad, canal, ·etc.; a cut.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012