Meaning of DESIGN in English
vi to form a design or designs; to plan.
2. design ·noun to intend or purpose;
usually with for before the remote object, but sometimes with to.
3. design ·noun the invention and conduct of the subject; the disposition of every part, and the general order of the whole.
4. design ·noun specifically, intention or purpose as revealed or inferred from the adaptation of means to an end; as, the argument from design.
5. design ·noun a preliminary sketch; an outline or pattern of the main features of something to be executed, as of a picture, a building, or a decoration; a delineation; a plan.
6. design ·noun to draw preliminary outline or main features of; to sketch for a pattern or model; to delineate; to trace out; to draw.
7. design ·noun to mark out and exhibit; to designate; to indicate; to show; to point out; to appoint.
8. design ·noun the realization of an inventive or decorative plan; ·esp., a work of decorative art considered as a new creation; conception or plan shown in completed work; as, this carved panel is a fine design, or of a fine design.
9. design ·noun to create or produce, as a work of art; to form a plan or scheme of; to form in idea; to invent; to project; to lay out in the mind; as, a man designs an essay, a poem, a statue, or a cathedral.
10. design ·noun a plan or scheme formed in the mind of something to be done; preliminary conception; idea intended to be expressed in a visible form or carried into action; intention; purpose;
often used in a bad sense for evil intention or purpose; scheme; plot.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012