Meaning of FLARE in English
noun leaf of lard.
2. flare ·vi to be exposed to too much light.
3. flare ·noun an unsteady, broad, offensive light.
4. flare ·noun a spreading outward; as, the flare of a fireplace.
5. flare ·vi to burn with an unsteady or waving flame; as, the candle flares.
6. flare ·vi to shine out with a sudden and unsteady light; to emit a dazzling or painfully bright light.
7. flare ·vi to shine out with gaudy colors; to flaunt; to be offensively bright or showy.
8. flare ·vi to open or spread outwards; to project beyond the perpendicular; as, the sides of a bowl flare; the bows of a ship flare.
9. flare ·add. ·noun a defect in a photographic objective such that an image of the stop, or diaphragm, appears as a fogged spot in the center of the developed negative.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012