Meaning of GUM in English
noun a rubber overshoe.
2. gum ·noun ·see gum tree, below.
3. gum ·vi to exude or from gum; to become gummy.
4. gum ·noun the dense tissues which invest the teeth, and cover the adjacent parts of the jaws.
5. gum ·vt to deepen and enlarge the spaces between the teeth of (a worn saw). ·see gummer.
6. gum ·noun a hive made of a section of a hollow gum tree; hence, any roughly made hive; also, a vessel or bin made of a hollow log.
7. gum ·vt to smear with gum; to close with gum; to unite or stiffen by gum or a gumlike substance; to make sticky with a gumlike substance.
8. gum ·noun a vegetable secretion of many trees or plants that hardens when it exudes, but is soluble in water; as, gum arabic; gum tragacanth; the gum of the cherry tree. also, with less propriety, exudations that are not soluble in water; as, gum copal and gum sandarac, which are really resins.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012