Meaning of SAW in English
imp. of ·see.
2. saw ·vt dictate; command; decree.
3. saw ·impf of see.
4. saw ·vt a saying; a proverb; a maxim.
5. saw ·vt something said; speech; discourse.
6. saw ·vt also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
7. saw ·vi to cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
8. saw ·vi to be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
9. saw ·vi to use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
10. saw ·vt to cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw timber or marble.
11. saw ·vt to form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles; to saw out a panel.
12. saw ·noun an instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, ·etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of the material by cutting and tearing.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012