Meaning of TREE in English
noun wood; timber.
2. tree ·noun a cross or gallows; as tyburn tree.
3. tree ·vt to drive to a tree; to cause to ascend a tree; as, a dog trees a squirrel.
4. tree ·vt to place upon a tree; to fit with a tree; to stretch upon a tree; as, to tree a boot. ·see tree, ·noun, 3.
5. tree ·noun any perennial woody plant of considerable size (usually over twenty feet high) and growing with a single trunk.
6. tree ·noun something constructed in the form of, or considered as resembling, a tree, consisting of a stem, or stock, and branches; as, a genealogical tree.
7. tree ·noun a mass of crystals, aggregated in arborescent forms, obtained by precipitation of a metal from solution. ·see lead tree, under lead.
8. tree ·noun a piece of timber, or something commonly made of timber;
used in composition, as in axletree, boottree, chesstree, crosstree, whiffletree, and the like.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012