Meaning of VISIT in English
vi to make a visit or visits; to maintain visiting relations; to practice calling on others.
2. visit ·vt the act of going to view or inspect; an official or formal inspection; examination; visitation; as, the visit of a trustee or inspector.
3. visit ·vt to go or come to see, as for the purpose of friendship, business, curiosity, ·etc.; to attend; to call upon; as, the physician visits his patient.
4. visit ·vt to come to for the purpose of chastising, rewarding, comforting; to come upon with reward or retribution; to appear before or judge; as, to visit in mercy; to visit one in wrath.
5. visit ·vt to go or come to see for inspection, examination, correction of abuses, ·etc.; to examine, to inspect; as, a bishop visits his diocese; a superintendent visits persons or works under his charge.
6. visit ·vt the act of visiting, or going to see a person or thing; a brief stay of business, friendship, ceremony, curiosity, or the like, usually longer than a call; as, a visit of civility or respect; a visit to saratoga; the visit of a physician.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012