Meaning of ABORTION in English
▪ legal , legalized
▪ early ( esp. BrE ), early-term ( esp. AmE )
▪ late ( esp. BrE ), late-term ( esp. AmE )
▪ induced , spontaneous , therapeutic
▪ back-alley ( esp. AmE ), backstreet , illegal
VERB + ABORTION
She decided to have an ~.
▪ obtain , procure
▪ carry out , do ( informal ), perform
Some nurses wanted the right to refuse to perform ~s.
▪ ban , prohibit , restrict
ABORTION + NOUN
▪ clinic , counselling/counseling
▪ law , legislation
the country's strict ~ laws
▪ debate , issue
The ~ issue is political dynamite.
▪ ~ on demand (= the right to have an abortion if you want one)
Women's groups are calling for free contraception and ~ on demand.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012