Meaning of CHIN in English
▪ chiselled/chiseled , pointed , pointy
▪ firm , jutting , strong
▪ non-existent , receding , weak
▪ determined , resolute , stubborn
▪ bearded , stubbly , unshaven
VERB + CHIN
▪ jut ( esp. AmE ), jut out ( esp. AmE ), lift , raise , stick out , tilt , tip , tip up
Maria jutted her ~ defiantly.
She tilted her ~ at him defiantly.
▪ tuck in
▪ finger , rub , scratch , stroke , tap , touch
He stroked his ~ thoughtfully.
▪ lean , prop , prop up , rest
She sat resting her ~ on her hands.
He cupped her ~ with his hand.
CHIN + VERB
His ~ rose in a proud gesture.
Her ~ was resting on his shoulder.
▪ quiver , tremble
His ~ quivered and a tear ran down his cheek.
CHIN + NOUN
Fasten the ~ strap or the helmet will fall off.
Slowly lower the bar to around ~ level.
▪ beneath sb's ~ , under sb's ~
He put his hand under her ~ and lifted her face to his.
▪ down sb's ~
The juice dribbled down his ~.
▪ on sb's/the ~
He had bits of food on his ~.
She caught him with a hard blow on the ~.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012