Meaning of COALITION in English
▪ broad , broad-based , international , multilateral , multiracial , rainbow
a broad-based ~ of religious and community groups
▪ majority , minority
a grand ~ of various environmental groups
▪ centre-left/center-left , centre-right/center-right , conservative , left-wing , liberal , progressive , radical , right-wing
▪ two-party , three-party , etc.
▪ governing , government , ruling
VERB + COALITION
▪ assemble , build , create , forge , form , organize , put together
The two parties have formed a ~.
▪ head , lead
a ~ led by the Socialist Party
COALITION + VERB
▪ break up , collapse , fall , fall apart
COALITION + NOUN
▪ member , partner , party , spokesman
▪ forces , troops
▪ in (a/the) ~
The two parties governed in ~ for four years.
the biggest party in the government ~
▪ ~ between
a ~ between the Socialists and Communists
▪ ~ of
a broad ~ of democratic and republican groups
▪ ~ with
They formed a ~ with the Greens.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012