▪ auto ( AmE ), automobile ( AmE ), car , engine , vehicle
Diesel ~ contains a lot of soot.
EXHAUST + NOUN
▪ emission , fumes , gas , pollution , smoke
a plan to reduce ~ emissions
ducts which draw out ~ air and replace it with fresh
▪ fan , manifold , pipe , system
▪ from an/the ~
pollution from car ~s
1 make sb very tired
▪ completely , totally , utterly
The swimming had completely ~ed him.
▪ emotionally , mentally , physically
The experience had ~ed her physically and emotionally.
2 use sth up completely
▪ almost , nearly
The funds are nearly ~ed.
▪ quickly , rapidly
Their limited resources were quickly ~ed.
Exhaust is used with these nouns as the object: ↑ appeal , ↑ avenue , ↑ muscle , ↑ patience , ↑ remedy , ↑ reserve , ↑ resource , ↑ supply