▪ fascinating , good , interesting , intriguing
▪ bizarre , curious , extraordinary , odd , peculiar , strange
an eclectic ~ of architectural styles
▪ judicious ( esp. BrE )
a judicious ~ of young and experienced players
▪ chaotic , confusing
▪ explosive , volatile
▪ heady , potent
Lust and revenge are a heady ~.
▪ cement , concrete
▪ cake ( esp. BrE ) (usually cake batter in AmE )
▪ egg , flour , vegetable , etc.
Gradually beat the flour into the egg ~.
▪ cough ( BrE )
VERB + MIXTURE
▪ add sth to
Add the flour to the egg ~.
▪ pour , purée , spoon , spread , stir , strain , whisk
Pour the cake ~ into the bowl.
MIXTURE + VERB
▪ consist of sth , contain sth , have sth
The ~ contains some ingredients that are difficult to find.
▪ with a ~
He looked at me with a ~ of amazement and horror.
▪ ~ of
The pond contains a ~ of goldfish and carp.