Meaning of MIXTURE in English
noun an ingredient entering into a mixed mass; an additional ingredient.
2. mixture ·noun the act of mixing, or the state of being mixed; as, made by a mixture of ingredients.
3. mixture ·noun that which results from mixing different ingredients together; a compound; as, to drink a mixture of molasses and water;
also, a medley.
4. mixture ·noun a kind of liquid medicine made up of many ingredients; ·esp., as opposed to solution, a liquid preparation in which the solid ingredients are not completely dissolved.
5. mixture ·noun an organ stop, comprising from two to five ranges of pipes, used only in combination with the foundation and compound stops;
called also furniture stop. it consists of high harmonics, or overtones, of the ground tone.
6. mixture ·noun a mass of two or more ingredients, the particles of which are separable, independent, and uncompounded with each other, no matter how thoroughly and finely commingled;
contrasted with a compound; thus, gunpowder is a mechanical mixture of carbon, sulphur, and niter.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012