▪ accepted , established
▪ ethical , moral
▪ cultural , social , societal
▪ community , gender , group , peer
VERB + NORM
▪ be , become
Small families are the ~ nowadays.
▪ conform to
Their appearance conforms to the group ~.
▪ break from , challenge
▪ be different from , deviate from , differ from , violate
▪ above the ~ , below the ~ , over the ~
They want to discourage pay settlements over the ~.
▪ ~ for
On-screen editing has become the ~ for all student work.
▪ ~ of
accepted ~s of international law
▪ a departure from the ~ , a deviation from the ~ , an exception to the ~
The new design is a departure from the ~.
▪ the ~ rather than the exception
In these areas poverty is the ~ rather than the exception.
▪ out of the ~ ( esp. AmE )
I saw nothing out of the ~.