Meaning of SPECTRUM in English
1 range of light waves, etc.
These wavelengths correspond to red in the visible ~.
Beyond the red end of the visible light ~ is infrared.
▪ colour/color , electromagnetic
▪ broadcast , radio
▪ the colours/colors of the ~
Other species can perceive colours/colors of the ~ that are invisible to us.
▪ the … end of the ~ , the … part of the ~ , the … portion of the ~ , the … region of the ~
the ultraviolet part of the ~
2 full or wide range
▪ complete , full
The courses cover the full ~ of levels.
▪ broad , wide
▪ entire , whole
▪ ideological , political , social
▪ age , income
VERB + SPECTRUM
▪ cover , span
These thinkers represent a wide ~ of political perspectives.
▪ across the ~
There was consensus across the political ~.
▪ ~ of
a wide ~ of interests
▪ at one end of the ~ , at the other end of the ~
▪ both ends of the ~ , opposite ends of the ~
The two speakers were chosen to represent opposite ends of the ~.
▪ a ~ of opinion
The newspaper covers a broad ~ of opinion.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012