Meaning of ABLE in English
adj to vouch for.
2. able ·superl fit; adapted; suitable.
3. able ·adj to make able; to enable; to strengthen.
4. able ·superl legally qualified; possessed of legal competence; as, able to inherit or devise property.
5. able ·superl specially: having intellectual qualifications, or strong mental powers; showing ability or skill; talented; clever; powerful; as, the ablest man in the senate; an able speech.
6. able ·superl having sufficient power, strength, force, skill, means, or resources of any kind to accomplish the object; possessed of qualifications rendering competent for some end; competent; qualified; capable; as, an able workman, soldier, seaman, a man able to work; a mind able to reason; a person able to be generous; able to endure pain; able to play on a piano.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012