noun anything, especially a plant, that lasts but one year or season; an annual plant.
2. annual ·noun a thing happening or returning yearly; ·esp. a literary work published once a year.
3. annual ·adj performed or accomplished in a year; reckoned by the year; as, the annual motion of the earth.
4. annual ·adj of or pertaining to a year; returning every year; coming or happening once in the year; yearly.
5. annual ·noun a mass for a deceased person or for some special object, said daily for a year or on the anniversary day.
6. annual ·adj lasting or continuing only one year or one growing season; requiring to be renewed every year; as, an annual plant; annual tickets.