Meaning of ATMOSPHERE in English
noun any gaseous envelope or medium.
2. atmosphere ·noun any surrounding or pervading influence or condition.
3. atmosphere ·noun the pressure or weight of the air at the sea level, on a unit of surface, or about 14.7 ibs. to the sq. inch.
4. atmosphere ·noun a supposed medium around various bodies; as, electrical atmosphere, a medium formerly supposed to surround electrical bodies.
5. atmosphere ·noun the portion of air in any locality, or affected by a special physical or sanitary condition; as, the atmosphere of the room; a moist or noxious atmosphere.
6. atmosphere ·noun the whole mass of aeriform fluid surrounding the earth;
applied also to the gaseous envelope of any celestial orb, or other body; as, the atmosphere of mars.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012