Meaning of BEARING in English
noun patient endurance; suffering without complaint.
2. bearing ·noun purport; meaning; intended significance; aspect.
3. bearing ·noun the portion of a support on which anything rests.
4. bearing ·noun the widest part of a vessel below the plank-sheer.
5. bearing ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of bear.
6. bearing ·noun the part of the support on which a journal rests and rotates.
7. bearing ·noun the line of flotation of a vessel when properly trimmed with cargo or ballast.
8. bearing ·noun the manner in which one bears or conducts one's self; mien; behavior; carriage.
9. bearing ·noun any single emblem or charge in an escutcheon or coat of arms commonly in the ·pl
10. bearing ·noun the part of an axle or shaft in contact with its support, collar, or boxing; the journal.
11. bearing ·noun improperly, the unsupported span; as, the beam has twenty feet of bearing between its supports.
12. bearing ·noun the act, power, or time of producing or giving birth; as, a tree in full bearing; a tree past bearing.
13. bearing ·noun that part of any member of a building which rests upon its supports; as, a lintel or beam may have four inches of bearing upon the wall.
14. bearing ·noun the situation of one object, with respect to another, such situation being supposed to have a connection with the object, or influence upon it, or to be influenced by it; hence, relation; connection.
15. bearing ·noun the situation of a distant object, with regard to a ship's position, as on the bow, on the lee quarter, ·etc.; the direction or point of the compass in which an object is seen; as, the bearing of the cape was w. n. w.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012