noun ·see berth.
2. birth ·noun the act of bringing forth; as, she had two children at a birth.
3. birth ·noun origin; beginning; as, the birth of an empire.
4. birth ·noun lineage; extraction; descent; sometimes, high birth; noble extraction.
5. birth ·noun that which is born; that which is produced, whether animal or vegetable.
6. birth ·noun the condition to which a person is born; natural state or position; inherited disposition or tendency.
7. birth ·noun the act or fact of coming into life, or of being born;
generally applied to human beings; as, the birth of a son.