Meaning of BODY in English
noun amount; quantity; extent.
2. body ·noun a figure that has length, breadth, and thickness; any solid figure.
3. body ·noun a person; a human being;
frequently in composition; as, anybody, nobody.
4. body ·noun the real, as opposed to the symbolical; the substance, as opposed to the shadow.
5. body ·noun consistency; thickness; substance; strength; as, this color has body; wine of a good body.
6. body ·noun that part of a garment covering the body, as distinguished from the parts covering the limbs.
7. body ·noun the bed or box of a vehicle, on or in which the load is placed; as, a wagon body; a cart body.
8. body ·vt to furnish with, or as with, a body; to produce in definite shape; to embody.
9. body ·noun the shank of a type, or the depth of the shank (by which the size is indicated); as, a nonpareil face on an agate body.
10. body ·noun any mass or portion of matter; any substance distinct from others; as, a metallic body; a moving body; an aeriform body.
11. body ·noun a number of things or particulars embodied in a system; a general collection; as, a great body of facts; a body of laws or of divinity.
12. body ·noun the material organized substance of an animal, whether living or dead, as distinguished from the spirit, or vital principle; the physical person.
13. body ·noun the trunk, or main part, of a person or animal, as distinguished from the limbs and head; the main, central, or principal part, as of a tree, army, country, ·etc.
14. body ·add. ·noun the central, longitudinal framework of a flying machine, to which are attached the planes or aerocurves, passenger accommodations, controlling and propelling apparatus, fuel tanks, ·etc.
15. body ·noun a number of individuals spoken of collectively, usually as united by some common tie, or as organized for some purpose; a collective whole or totality; a corporation; as, a legislative body; a clerical body.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012