Meaning of BOWL in English
vi to play with bowls.
2. bowl ·noun the game of tenpins or bowling.
3. bowl ·vt to roll, as a bowl or cricket ball.
4. bowl ·vt to pelt or strike with anything rolled.
5. bowl ·noun the contents of a full bowl; what a bowl will hold.
6. bowl ·noun the hollow part of a thing; as, the bowl of a spoon.
7. bowl ·vi to roll a ball on a plane, as at cricket, bowls, ·etc.
8. bowl ·vi to move rapidly, smoothly, and like a ball; as, the carriage bowled along.
9. bowl ·vt to roll or carry smoothly on, or as on, wheels; as, we were bowled rapidly along the road.
10. bowl ·noun a concave vessel of various forms (often approximately hemispherical), to hold liquids, ·etc.
11. bowl ·noun specifically, a drinking vessel for wine or other spirituous liquors; hence, convivial drinking.
12. bowl ·noun an ancient game, popular in great britain, played with biased balls on a level plat of greensward.
13. bowl ·noun a ball of wood or other material used for rolling on a level surface in play; a ball of hard wood having one side heavier than the other, so as to give it a bias when rolled.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012