Meaning of CELL in English
vt to place or inclose in a cell.
2. cell ·noun any small cavity, or hollow place.
3. cell ·noun ·same·as cella.
4. cell ·noun the space between the ribs of a vaulted roof.
5. cell ·noun a small religious house attached to a monastery or convent.
6. cell ·noun a jar of vessel, or a division of a compound vessel, for holding the exciting fluid of a battery.
7. cell ·noun a very small and close apartment, as in a prison or in a monastery or convent; the hut of a hermit.
8. cell ·noun one of the minute elementary structures, of which the greater part of the various tissues and organs of animals and plants are composed.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012