Meaning of CEMENT in English
noun to unite firmly or closely.
2. cement ·noun to unite or cause to adhere by means of a cement.
3. cement ·noun the powder used in cementation. ·see cementation, ·noun, 2.
4. cement ·noun to overlay or coat with cement; as, to cement a cellar bottom.
5. cement ·vi to become cemented or firmly united; to cohere.
6. cement ·noun any substance used for making bodies adhere to each other, as mortar, glue, ·etc.
7. cement ·noun the layer of bone investing the root and neck of a tooth;
called also cementum.
8. cement ·noun bond of union; that which unites firmly, as persons in friendship, or men in society.
9. cement ·noun a kind of calcined limestone, or a calcined mixture of clay and lime, for making mortar which will harden under water.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012