Meaning of CIVIL in English
adj subject to government; reduced to order; civilized; not barbarous;
said of the community.
2. civil ·adj relating to rights and remedies sought by action or suit distinct from criminal proceedings.
3. civil ·adj pertaining to civic life and affairs, in distinction from military, ecclesiastical, or official state.
4. civil ·adj performing the duties of a citizen; obedient to government;
said of an individual.
5. civil ·adj pertaining to a city or state, or to a citizen in his relations to his fellow citizens or to the state; within the city or state.
6. civil ·adj having the manners of one dwelling in a city, as opposed to those of savages or rustics; polite; courteous; complaisant; affable.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012