noun the act of comparing two or more things together; comparison.
2. conference ·noun a meeting for consultation, discussion, or an interchange of opinions.
3. conference ·noun a meeting of the two branches of a legislature, by their committees, to adjust between them.
4. conference ·noun the act of consulting together formally; serious conversation or discussion; interchange of views.
5. conference ·noun a voluntary association of congregational churches of a district; the district in which such churches are.
6. conference ·noun a stated meeting of preachers and others, invested with authority to take cognizance of ecclesiastical matters.