Meaning of CONSERVATIVE in English
noun a member of the conservative party.
2. conservative ·adj tending or disposed to maintain existing institutions; opposed to change or innovation.
3. conservative ·adj having power to preserve in a safe of entire state, or from loss, waste, or injury; preservative.
4. conservative ·noun one who, or that which, preserves from ruin, injury, innovation, or radical change; a preserver; a conserver.
5. conservative ·noun one who desires to maintain existing institutions and customs; also, one who holds moderate opinions in politics;
opposed to revolutionary or radical.
6. conservative ·adj of or pertaining to a political party which favors the conservation of existing institutions and forms of government, as the conservative party in england;
contradistinguished from liberal and radical.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012