Meaning of COUPLE in English
adj ·see couple-close.
2. couple ·v to join in wedlock; to marry.
3. couple ·adj two of the same kind connected or considered together; a pair; a brace.
4. couple ·adj that which joins or links two things together; a bond or tie; a coupler.
5. couple ·vi to come together as male and female; to copulate.
6. couple ·adj a male and female associated together; ·esp., a man and woman who are married or betrothed.
7. couple ·v to link or tie, as one thing to another; to connect or fasten together; to join.
8. couple ·adj one of the pairs of plates of two metals which compose a voltaic battery;
called a voltaic couple or galvanic couple.
9. couple ·adj two rotations, movements, ·etc., which are equal in amount but opposite in direction, and acting along parallel lines or around parallel axes.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012