noun the barrel of an air or other pump.
2. cylinder ·noun any hollow body of cylindrical form.
3. cylinder ·noun the bore of a gun; the turning chambered breech of a revolver.
4. cylinder ·noun the revolving square prism carrying the cards in a jacquard loom.
5. cylinder ·noun the chamber of a steam engine in which the piston is moved by the force of steam.
6. cylinder ·noun the space inclosed by any cylindrical surface. the space may be limited or unlimited in length.
7. cylinder ·noun the revolving platen or bed which produces the impression or carries the type in a cylinder press.
8. cylinder ·noun a solid body which may be generated by the rotation of a parallelogram round one its sides; or a body of rollerlike form, of which the longitudinal section is oblong, and the cross section is circular.