noun the act of pulling, or attracting.
2. drawing ·noun the distribution of prizes and blanks in a lottery.
3. drawing ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of draw.
4. drawing ·noun the process of pulling out and elongating the sliver from the carding machine, by revolving rollers, to prepare it for spinning.
5. drawing ·noun the process of stretching or spreading metals as by hammering, or, as in forming wire from rods or tubes and cups from sheet metal, by pulling them through dies.
6. drawing ·noun the act or the art of representing any object by means of lines and shades; especially, such a representation when in one color, or in tints used not to represent the colors of natural objects, but for effect only, and produced with hard material such as pencil, chalk, ·etc.; delineation; also, the figure or representation drawn.