Meaning of EFFECT in English
noun manifestation; expression; sign.
2. effect ·noun the purport; the sum and substance.
3. effect ·noun impression left on the mind; sensation produced.
4. effect ·vt to produce, as a cause or agent; to cause to be.
5. effect ·noun consequence intended; purpose; meaning; general intent;
6. effect ·noun reality; actual meaning; fact, as distinguished from mere appearance.
7. effect ·noun execution; performance; realization; operation; as, the law goes into effect in may.
8. effect ·noun power to produce results; efficiency; force; importance; account; as, to speak with effect.
9. effect ·noun goods; movables; personal estate;
sometimes used to embrace real as well as personal property; as, the people escaped from the town with their effects.
10. effect ·vt to bring to pass; to execute; to enforce; to achieve; to accomplish.
11. effect ·noun in general: that which is produced by an agent or cause; the event which follows immediately from an antecedent, called the cause; result; consequence; outcome; fruit; as, the effect of luxury.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012