Meaning of ENAMEL in English
vi to practice the art of enameling.
2. enamel ·vt to variegate with colors as if with enamel.
3. enamel ·vt a glassy, opaque bead obtained by the blowpipe.
4. enamel ·adj relating to the art of enameling; as, enamel painting.
5. enamel ·vt to disguise with cosmetics, as a woman's complexion.
6. enamel ·vt to lay enamel upon; to decorate with enamel whether inlaid or painted.
7. enamel ·add. ·noun a cosmetic intended to give the appearance of a smooth and beautiful complexion.
8. enamel ·vt to form a glossy surface like enamel upon; as, to enamel card paper; to enamel leather or cloth.
9. enamel ·add. ·noun any one of various preparations for giving a smooth, glossy surface like that of enamel.
10. enamel ·vt that which is enameled; also, any smooth, glossy surface, resembling enamel, especially if variegated.
11. enamel ·vt a variety of glass, used in ornament, to cover a surface, as of metal or pottery, and admitting of after decoration in color, or used itself for inlaying or application in varied colors.
12. enamel ·vt the intensely hard calcified tissue entering into the composition of teeth. it merely covers the exposed parts of the teeth of man, but in many animals is intermixed in various ways with the dentine and cement.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012