Meaning of ENGINE in English
vt to assault with an engine.
2. engine ·noun (pronounced, in this sense, ////.) natural capacity; ability; skill.
3. engine ·vt (pronounced, in this sense, /////.) to rack; to torture.
4. engine ·noun a compound machine by which any physical power is applied to produce a given physical effect.
5. engine ·noun anything used to effect a purpose; any device or contrivance; an agent.
6. engine ·noun any instrument by which any effect is produced; especially, an instrument or machine of war or torture.
7. engine ·vt to equip with an engine;
said especially of steam vessels; as, vessels are often built by one firm and engined by another.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012