noun the act of sacking a town.
2. execution ·noun the carrying into effect the judgment given in a court of law.
3. execution ·noun that which is executed or accomplished; effect; effective work;
usually with do.
4. execution ·noun a judicial writ by which an officer is empowered to carry a judgment into effect; final process.
5. execution ·noun a putting to death as a legal penalty; death lawfully inflicted; as, the execution of a murderer.
6. execution ·noun the act of executing; a carrying into effect or to completion; performance; achievement; consummation; as, the execution of a plan, a work, ·etc.
7. execution ·noun the act of signing, and delivering a legal instrument, or giving it the forms required to render it valid; as, the execution of a deed, or a will.
8. execution ·noun the act of the mode of performing a work of art, of performing on an instrument, of engraving, ·etc.; as, the execution of a statue, painting, or piece of music.