vt the straightening of a limb, in distinction from flexion.
2. extension ·vt that property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space.
3. extension ·vt a written engagement on the part of a creditor, allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
4. extension ·vt the operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
5. extension ·vt capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects;
correlative of intension.
6. extension ·vt the act of extending or the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length; increase; augmentation; expansion.