noun to venture to incur, or bring on.
2. hazard ·noun a game of chance played with dice.
3. hazard ·vi to try the chance; to encounter risk or danger.
4. hazard ·noun anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in gaming.
5. hazard ·noun risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the hazard of his reputation and life.
6. hazard ·noun holing a ball, whether the object ball (winning hazard) or the player's ball (losing hazard).
7. hazard ·noun the uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
8. hazard ·add. ·noun any place into which the ball may not be safely played, such as bunkers, furze, water, sand, or other kind of bad ground.
9. hazard ·noun to expose to the operation of chance; to put in danger of loss or injury; to venture; to risk.