Meaning of HEADING in English
noun material for the heads of casks, barrels, ·etc.
2. heading ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of head.
3. heading ·noun that end of a stone or brick which is presented outward.
4. heading ·noun the extension of a line ruffling above the line of stitch.
5. heading ·noun that which stands at the head; title; as, the heading of a paper.
6. heading ·noun the act or state of one who, or that which, heads; formation of a head.
7. heading ·noun a gallery, drift, or adit in a mine; also, the end of a drift or gallery; the vein above a drift.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012