Meaning of LOOP in English
noun a small, narrow opening; a loophole.
2. loop ·noun a curve of any kind in the form of a loop.
3. loop ·noun a wire forming part of a main circuit and returning to the point from which it starts.
4. loop ·noun a mass of iron in a pasty condition gathered into a ball for the tilt hammer or rolls.
5. loop ·noun the portion of a vibrating string, air column, ·etc., between two nodes;
called also ventral segment.
6. loop ·vt to make a loop of or in; to fasten with a loop or loops;
often with up; as, to loop a string; to loop up a curtain.
7. loop ·noun a fold or doubling of a thread, cord, rope, ·etc., through which another thread, cord, ·etc., can be passed, or which a hook can be hooked into; an eye, as of metal; a staple; a noose; a bight.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012