Meaning of MOUSE in English
noun ·same·as 2d mousing, 2.
2. mouse ·vi to watch for and catch mice.
3. mouse ·noun a familiar term of endearment.
4. mouse ·vt to tear, as a cat devours a mouse.
5. mouse ·noun a match used in firing guns or blasting.
6. mouse ·noun a dark-colored swelling caused by a blow.
7. mouse ·vt to furnish with a mouse; to secure by means of a mousing. ·see mouse, ·noun, 2.
8. mouse ·noun a knob made on a rope with spun yarn or parceling to prevent a running eye from slipping.
9. mouse ·vi to watch for or pursue anything in a sly manner; to pry about, on the lookout for something.
10. mouse ·noun any one of numerous species of small rodents belonging to the genus mus and various related genera of the family muridae. the common house mouse (mus musculus) is found in nearly all countries. the american white-footed, or deer, mouse (hesperomys leucopus) sometimes lives in houses. ·see dormouse, meadow mouse, under meadow, and harvest mouse, under harvest.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012