Meaning of NORTH in English
2. north ·vi to turn or move toward the north; to veer from the east or west toward the north.
3. north ·noun any country or region situated farther to the north than another; the northern section of a country.
4. north ·noun specifically: that part of the united states lying north of mason and dixon's line. ·see under line.
5. north ·adj lying toward the north; situated at the north, or in a northern direction from the point of observation or reckoning; proceeding toward the north, or coming from the north.
6. north ·noun that one of the four cardinal points of the compass, at any place, which lies in the direction of the true meridian, and to the left hand of a person facing the east; the direction opposite to the south.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012