Meaning of PARTING in English
noun a separation; a leave-taking.
2. parting ·v departing.
3. parting ·v admitting of being parted; partible.
4. parting ·noun a joint or fissure, as in a coal seam.
5. parting ·v serving to part; dividing; separating.
6. parting ·noun the breaking, as of a cable, by violence.
7. parting ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of part.
8. parting ·noun a surface or line of separation where a division occurs.
9. parting ·v given when departing; as, a parting shot; a parting salute.
10. parting ·noun the act of parting or dividing; the state of being parted; division; separation.
11. parting ·noun the surface of the sand of one section of a mold where it meets that of another section.
12. parting ·noun the separation and determination of alloys; ·esp., the separation, as by acids, of gold from silver in the assay button.
13. parting ·noun lamellar separation in a crystallized mineral, due to some other cause than cleavage, as to the presence of twinning lamellae.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012