Meaning of PARTING in English
/pahr"ting/ , n.
1. the act of a person or thing that parts.
2. a division or separation.
3. a place of division or separation.
4. a departure or leave-taking.
6. something that serves to part or separate things.
7. Mineral. a fracture of a crystal along a plane determined by twinning or pressure rather than along a cleavage plane.
8. Metall. See parting line .
9. given, happening, taken, done, etc., at parting: a parting glance.
10. of or pertaining to parting, leave-taking, departure, or death: parting words.
11. ending or taking leave: the parting day.
13. dividing or separating.
[ 1250-1300; ME partyng (ger.). See PART, -ING 1 , -ING 2 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012