Meaning of PASTE in English
noun the mineral substance in which other minerals are imbedded.
2. paste ·vt to unite with paste; to fasten or join by means of paste.
3. paste ·noun specifically, in cookery, a dough prepared for the crust of pies and the like; pastry dough.
4. paste ·noun a soft confection made of the inspissated juice of fruit, licorice, or the like, with sugar, ·etc.
5. paste ·noun a soft composition, as of flour moistened with water or milk, or of earth moistened to the consistence of dough, as in making potter's ware.
6. paste ·noun a highly refractive vitreous composition, variously colored, used in making imitations of precious stones or gems. ·see strass.
7. paste ·noun a kind of cement made of flour and water, starch and water, or the like, used for uniting paper or other substances, as in bookbinding, ·etc., also used in calico printing as a vehicle for mordant or color.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012