Meaning of PATTERN in English
noun something made after a model; a copy.
2. pattern ·vt to serve as an example for; also, to parallel.
3. pattern ·noun stuff sufficient for a garment; as, a dress pattern.
4. pattern ·noun figure or style of decoration; design; as, wall paper of a beautiful pattern.
5. pattern ·noun anything cut or formed to serve as a guide to cutting or forming objects; as, a dressmaker's pattern.
6. pattern ·noun a part showing the figure or quality of the whole; a specimen; a sample; an example; an instance.
7. pattern ·add. ·noun a diagram showing the distribution of the pellets of a shotgun on a vertical target perpendicular to the plane of fire.
8. pattern ·noun anything proposed for imitation; an archetype; an exemplar; that which is to be, or is worthy to be, copied or imitated; as, a pattern of a machine.
9. pattern ·vt to make or design (anything) by, from, or after, something that serves as a pattern; to copy; to model; to imitate.
10. pattern ·noun a full-sized model around which a mold of sand is made, to receive the melted metal. it is usually made of wood and in several parts, so as to be removed from the mold without injuring it.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012