noun a small medicated bougie.
2. pencil ·vt to write or mark with a pencil; to paint or to draw.
3. pencil ·noun a small, fine brush of hair or bristles used by painters for laying on colors.
4. pencil ·noun a number of lines that intersect in one point, the point of intersection being called the pencil point.
5. pencil ·noun an aggregate or collection of rays of light, especially when diverging from, or converging to, a point.
6. pencil ·noun hence, figuratively, an artist's ability or peculiar manner; also, in general, the act or occupation of the artist, descriptive writer, ·etc.
7. pencil ·noun a slender cylinder or strip of black lead, colored chalk, slate ·etc., or such a cylinder or strip inserted in a small wooden rod intended to be pointed, or in a case, which forms a handle, used for drawing or writing. ·see graphite.