noun one's subjects; fellow citizens; companions; followers.
2. people ·noun one's ancestors or family; kindred; relations; as, my people were english.
3. people ·vt to stock with people or inhabitants; to fill as with people; to populate.
4. people ·noun the body of persons who compose a community, tribe, nation, or race; an aggregate of individuals forming a whole; a community; a nation.
5. people ·noun the mass of comunity as distinguished from a special class; the commonalty; the populace; the vulgar; the common crowd; as, nobles and people.
6. people ·noun persons, generally; an indefinite number of men and women; folks; population, or part of population; as, country people;
sometimes used as an indefinite subject or verb, like on in french, and man in german; as, people in adversity.