Meaning of POWDER in English
vt to sprinkle with salt; to corn, as meat.
2. powder ·vi to use powder on the hair or skin; as, she paints and powders.
3. powder ·vi to be reduced to powder; to become like powder; as, some salts powder easily.
4. powder ·vt to sprinkle with powder, or as with powder; to be sprinkle; as, to powder the hair.
5. powder ·noun an explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, ·etc.; gunpowder. ·see gunpowder.
6. powder ·noun the fine particles to which any dry substance is reduced by pounding, grinding, or triturating, or into which it falls by decay; dust.
7. powder ·vt to reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub into a powder; to comminute; to pulverize; to triturate.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012