Meaning of RATE in English
noun order; arrangement.
2. rate ·noun ratification; approval.
3. rate ·vt to ratify.
4. rate ·vi to make an estimate.
5. rate ·vt to assess for the payment of a rate or tax.
6. rate ·noun established portion or measure; fixed allowance.
7. rate ·vt to set a certain estimate on; to value at a certain price or degree.
8. rate ·noun the gain or loss of a timepiece in a unit of time; as, daily rate; hourly rate; ·etc.
9. rate ·vi to be set or considered in a class; to have rank; as, the ship rates as a ship of the line.
10. rate ·vt & ·vi to chide with vehemence; to scold; to censure violently.
11. rate ·noun valuation; price fixed with relation to a standard; cost; charge; as, high or low rates of transportation.
12. rate ·noun the class of a merchant vessel for marine insurance, determined by its relative safety as a risk, as a1, a2, ·etc.
13. rate ·noun the order or class to which a war vessel belongs, determined according to its size, armament, ·etc.; as, first rate, second rate, ·etc.
14. rate ·vt to settle the relative scale, rank, position, amount, value, or quality of; as, to rate a ship; to rate a seaman; to rate a pension.
15. rate ·noun a tax or sum assessed by authority on property for public use, according to its income or value; ·esp., in england, a local tax; as, parish rates; town rates.
xvi. rate ·noun that which is established as a measure or criterion; degree; standard; rank; proportion; ratio; as, a slow rate of movement; rate of interest is the ratio of the interest to the principal, per annum.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012