vt to convert into actual money; as, to realize assets.
2. realize ·vt to convert into real property; to make real estate of; as, to realize his fortune.
3. realize ·vi to convert any kind of property into money, especially property representing investments, as shares in stock companies, bonds, ·etc.
4. realize ·vt to cause to seem real; to impress upon the mind as actual; to feel vividly or strongly; to make one's own in apprehension or experience.
5. realize ·vt to acquire as an actual possession; to obtain as the result of plans and efforts; to gain; to get; as, to realize large profits from a speculation.
6. realize ·vt to make real; to convert from the imaginary or fictitious into the actual; to bring into concrete existence; to effectuate; to accomplish; as, to realize a scheme or project.