noun place of receiving.
2. receipt ·noun the act of receiving; reception.
3. receipt ·noun hence, a recess; a retired place.
4. receipt ·noun capability of receiving; capacity.
5. receipt ·noun reception, as an act of hospitality.
6. receipt ·vi to give a receipt, as for money paid.
7. receipt ·vt to give a receipt for; as, to receipt goods delivered by a sheriff.
8. receipt ·vt to put a receipt on, as by writing or stamping; as, to receipt a bill.
9. receipt ·noun a writing acknowledging the taking or receiving of goods delivered; an acknowledgment of money paid.
10. receipt ·noun a formulary according to the directions of which things are to be taken or combined; a recipe; as, a receipt for making sponge cake.
11. receipt ·noun that which is received; that which comes in, in distinction from what is expended, paid out, sent away, and the like;
usually in the plural; as, the receipts amounted to a thousand dollars.